StageWrite is seeking Teaching Artists to teach drama residencies in elementary schools in San Francisco. Teaching Artists will train in StageWrite methodology for four distinct programs and curricula that build sequentially throughout the elementary grades.
- Significant teaching artist experience with elementary students (approx. 5 years preferred)
- A demonstrated commitment to youth development
- Flexibility and willingness to learn StageWrite’s methodology & curricula
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working with English Language Learners, youth at-risk for academic failure, and special education populations
- B.A. (or equivalent experience) in the theatre arts or creative writing
- Teaching Artists of color strongly encouraged to apply. Bilingual in Spanish or Mandarin especially useful for the students we serve at several sites.
- Experience working with students with autism for one of our programs. Please highlight this experience and interest in cover letter.
Teaching artists will receive competitive rate of pay, commensurate with experience, starting at $30 per hour. Work would begin in August and go through May of next school year.
Submit resume, cover letter, headshot, & 2 references (for similar work) by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualified applicants will be contacted. Hiring may also be ongoing during the academic year.