StageWrite is seeking an arts-in-education Intern for the 2015-16 school year, 6 to 10 hours per week to learn about nonprofit arts education administration.Responsibilities will include assisting with general operations of running an arts organization and may involve: grant proposal writing and editing; creating publicity materials; brainstorming curricula; assisting at teaching artist training sessions and professional development workshops; using photo and video to document classes, performances, and workshops. The Intern will work closely with the Executive Director of StageWrite and, whenever possible, duties will be chosen according to the Intern’s interests and goals.
- Interest in theatre and its use as an educational tool
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational, and interpersonal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Docs
- Has attained or is working towards B.A. in performing arts, education, communication, nonprofit administration, creative writing, or a related field
- Flexibility and willingness to learn StageWrite’s methodology
This is an unpaid internship. StageWrite will give school credit for work upon request.
Please send your resume along with a cover letter stating your future goals and reasons for applying to StageWrite’s Internship. Please also provide the contact information and names of two references that StageWrite can contact, preferably previous/current employers or professors.
Resume, cover letter, and references should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.